Viking Black Arrow Berserker Shield - Made of Solid Oak
This handmade and hand-painted shield features our own original arrow design inspired by Viking warriors known as Berserkers. These fierce warriors were often associated with bears because of how they would charge into battle bare-chested without shirts or armor, and the word "Berserker" itself means "bear-shirt" in the Old Norse language. This shield is made of solid oak which measures about 28 inches across and is 0.5 inches thick. A heavy metal disc/boss is in the center, and stainless steel studs line the border. Dual leather straps are also used to secure the arm along the back—one going over the forearm and one intended to be gripped or held. Because this shield is made of real wood, please note that the wood-grain background shown in the pictures may vary slightly from the shield you receive (this is simply due to the nature of the wood). The front of the shield has also been applied with several coats of topcoat/varnish to protect it through the centuries. So whether for the wall or the battlefield, this shield is well balanced and ready to serve.
- Inspired by Viking warriors known as Berserkers.
- 28 x 28 inches in size.
- Main body thickness of 0.5 inches.
- Solid oak construction.
- Metal disc / boss in Center.
- Stainless Steel studs.
- Dual support braces along the back.
- Genuine leather straps.
- Your choice of a Left or Right-Handed setup.
- Made in the USA.
* The color of the leather straps on the back of the shield may vary from that shown in the photos. We use the leather we have available in our shop, which may be a darker or lighter shade of brown. All of our shields are individually painted and made entirely by us, one at a time. Nothing else comes close to the quality or authenticity of every shield.
Please note that all of our shields are individually crafted, and are made one at a time. Nothing else comes close to the quality or authenticity of every shield. As this shield is a Made to Order item, please allow an extra 7 to 10 days for it to be constructed and painted.