Large Greek Medusa / Gorgon Shield
This beautiful 27 inch wooden shield features an original Medusa design by artist Phillip W. Anderson. The design was inspired by actual ancient Greek shields decorated with Gorgon (or Medusa) heads. The shield's body is made of 1/2 inch thick plywood, and the backside has been finished with a rich dark oak finish. Dual leather straps are used to secure the arm along the back--one intended to be gripped, and one strap that goes over the forearm. The front of the shield has also been applied with a topcoat of varnish to further protect and preserve it from wear.
- About 27 inches in height.
- Our own original Medusa design.
- Top-coated with a protective lacquer for greater durability.
- Includes 2 genuine leather straps, attached to the back.
- Solid red oak wood construction.
- Completely Handmade and Hand-Painted.
- Made in the USA.
Please note that all of our shields are individually crafted, and are made one at a time. Nothing else comes close to the quality or authenticity of every shield. As this shield is a Made to Order item, please allow an extra 7 to 10 days for it to be constructed and painted.